Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

32 weeks!

32 weeks!  I'm almost losing track of counting these days. 
Scott and I have so much going on with his police training schedule coming to an end, and setting up our beautiful new home!
Time is flying by..  mostly.

Had my bi-weekly appointment with Christine today.  Seems I've gained 32 pounds at 32 weeks.  Yikes!  She said I'm on track for 40.. Oh well.  But I'm still seeing it mainly in the belly, though.  That's all one can ask for, I guess.  Also, she's pretty sure that Bennett's flipped!  It's wonderful news, because no one hopes for a breech baby.  She called in another midwife to feel around and confirm.  Christine said she's about 90% certain that he's head-down at this point.  That was probably why last week I was feeling such intense movement from him, as he was changing positions.  I was very pleased to hear her say that.

My blood pressure is still great; somewhere around 110/70.  No concerns there!  So far my hemoglobin, glucose, and blood pressure are all where they should be. 

Bennett's furniture also arrived!  Scott and I spent an evening setting up the nursery, and had a great time.  I picked up curtains today, and those still need to be hung.  We've got time to take care of finishing touches, though.  

Today my lactation consultant came over and we discussed a few things.  She told me about what to expect from the moment of birth and into the first couple of weeks.  That, coupled with the reading and teaching from childbirth class is really getting me prepared for nursing.  I can't wait! 
I wonder if all first time moms are this eager to do things right.  

Below is a belly shot, and a couple photos of Bennett's [unfinished] nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment