Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Thursday, January 5, 2012

31 weeks!

Week 31 came and went very quickly.  Sorry for the delay in posting!

I experienced Bennett's first set of hiccups this week.  I was laying in bed late at night and wondering how he could be kicking so rhythmically.. and then it hit me!  He's having hiccups, like I had always heard about.  Babies in utero practice swallowing by taking in some amniotic fluid [ew], and sometimes it eventuates in hiccups.  That's a good sign!  
..But I'm not truly a fan of how it feels.

Scott and I awaited the delivery of the nursery furniture.  Now that we've got a new home, we have a perfect little room for everything to be set up.  We couldn't wait to decorate it for our little boy!  His room is brown and blue with white accents.  We didn't really plan it that way, but the bedding set the theme.  

So far so good.  People have started to make remarks in public about how big I'm getting, though.  Mostly it's older folk who say things like "Man, you're about to blow any day!"  How is that ever a good idea?  I sure do wonder.  Oh well.  

Also, Bennett's kicking up a storm!  There were two days that his movements were almost violent.  I watched my abdomen do some pretty neat tricks as he kicked around.  Truly, these were the days I waited for.  Anterior placentas are no fun when you're hoping to feel your baby's movements regularly.  But it seems we've turned a corner.  

Scott and I are getting really excited to meet this little boy!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy to be feeling those kicks for me too! It's such a surreal and beautiful thing to feel him moving around in your belly. I can't wait to see our little boy!

    ReplyDelete