Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Thursday, January 26, 2012

34 weeks!

 This week has been a great one!  

Scott and I started working out at a local gym.  It's the first time that I've really worked out since discovering that I was pregnant.  Prior to pregnancy I was at my fittest, doing high-impact dance cardio three times a week.  My how things change!  I'm working on my cardio again these days, as well as some strength training.  They say women exert as much energy during labor as one would running a marathon.  With that in mind, I've got 6 weeks or so to get back in pretty good shape. 
I'm also hoping it'll really stave off the last few pesky pounds.

We also had another 3D ultrasound to confirm that Bennett's head-down for good.  This pesky anterior placenta was making it hard for Christine to be completely confident about feeling his positioning these days.  We also got some beautiful face shots of our little boy!  They'll be included at the bottom of this post.

We had our second to last childbirthing class this past Monday night.  I think we're all starting to realize that reality's setting in, and our babies are due in the near future.  One girl is due on Valentine's Day, and is already at term!  That's going to be me soon...  Next Monday is our last class, and it's going to be sad to say our goodbyes.  But funny enough, one couple from the class actually lives in our exact neighborhood!  She and her husband are literally two minutes away, and they too love the Lord.  How great is our God! 
Scott got his official "Bradley Coach" card, and has passed the qualifications for being a great labor coach. 
I'm really going to need him!  Our childbirthing class will have a reunion once we've all had our babies. 
I'm looking forward to that.

Scott and I enjoyed dinner at P.F. Chang's tonight, courtesy of a Christmas gift card.  Apparently I chose the spiciest beef dish on the menu.. and Bennett really made me pay for it!  He's never responded to anything I've eaten before, but tonight he was kicking up a storm.   Between the rising indigestion levels and Bennett's intense movement, I thought I was done for!  But three Papaya enzymes later, I was a new woman.  Dinner was thoroughly enjoyable.. all four courses!


Here are some shots of our beautiful little boy:



1 comment:

  1. Look at that little bundle of love! I'll bet your heart and arms are aching to hold him. Hope you get some better sleep until he comes. Love you both, Jen

    ReplyDelete