Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

15 weeks, Part II.

My energy is definitely picking up this week!  

I've been struggling with some pretty regular headaches, but they're nothing a little caffeine and Acetaminophen can't cure.  And my nausea is almost a thing of the past!  However, a stuffy nose has come on within the past week or two, and it's hanging around.  As each week passes, my symptoms are almost textbook.  It's a very encouraging thing to feel "right on track".  I've gained roughly four pounds at this point, but I look like I've gained ten! 
The good news is it's all in my stomach.  

I decided to poll people on Facebook and get their gut instinct on whether we'll be having a boy or a girl.  I couldn't believe the overwhelming responses to boy!!  .. Do other people know something I don't?  I would really love to have a girl, but I think a boy would be neat for my parents and for Scott.  
We should be finding out in about a month.  

This past Saturday, Scott and I went to a huge southern Charlotte consignment fair and got some gently-used maternity clothes, as well as some gender-neutral baby clothes!  I couldn't control myself when I saw yellow chicky buntings for a dollar.  We got some chicky socks, and an "I Love Daddy" fuzzy pajama!  I love chickies, and I absolutely plan to inundate this child [and everyone else involved] with yellow chicks and baby lambs. 


Below is my first baby bump picture. 
It was taken at 15 weeks, but I look like I'm 30.  


How is that four pounds?!

1 comment:

  1. 15 weeks and things have been going very well. I can't wait until we can see an ultrasound. Then the gender-neutral shopping can end. How good has God been to us during this pregnancy?

    I thought the socks were ducks, not chicks?

    I <3 you and baby.

    ReplyDelete