Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Friday, September 9, 2011

15 weeks!

Yesterday was a good day!  

I had a third appointment with my midwife and we got a great heartbeat.  It had been a month since any empirical evidence that all is well, so I was extremely ready for encouraging news.  The past two weeks have been much easier physically than the first trimester, so it's crazy to think that our baby is growing faithfully in size.  How can it be that the larger the baby gets, the better I feel?!  I know that'll come to an end eventually, but I'm certainly enjoying the change for the better.  Scott and I even took the dogs for a walk last night and I wasn't exhausted.
That's a personal victory.

We went to Babies 'R Us for the first time last week and enjoyed walking around.  I wanted to talk to every pregnant woman there, but they all seemed more interested in strollers and crib sheets.  Oh well.  We parked in the "Expectant Mothers" spot in the parking lot!  I did the same yesterday at the grocery store and loved every second of it.

In two weeks I'll be going back for another heartbeat check.  It's a little bit of a haul to the birthing center down in Fort Mill, SC, but it's absolutely worth the drive.  I love being at the center surrounded by midwives and other mothers-to-be.  
It's a good feeling.


Below are some fun shots, including our first video:
Yesterday's heartbeat in the 150's!  
[The reading of 75 was mine.]





The size of our baby this week?

An orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment