Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Friday, September 2, 2011

14 weeks!

14 weeks today!  No doubt about it, I'm in the second trimester. 

This past week was a little rough, as far as symptoms go.  I think I got some gluten in my diet, and it completely wiped me out.  I had little to no energy for most of the week.  But the nausea has subsided a great deal!  Just minutes after my last post, the nausea came back for a day or two.  I spent the week at my parents' house in New York, so I was struggling to eat right outside of my usual environment.  I worried that I had too much sugar and not enough protein and nutrients. 
This poor baby!  

I've started to show a little bit in my lower abdomen, but nothing too noticeable yet.  I've also been able to feel my uterus when I poke around on my belly.. Feels like a hard knot. 

My mom and I went maternity shopping together at Kohl's and I got some really great stuff!  I think the plan is to wear as many dresses this pregnancy as possible.  Who wants to mess around with tight pants and elastic waist-bands?  Not me.  I was also given two beautiful handmade bonnets by an extremely talented friend and young woman.  [Thanks, Kalie!]  If she gets a website up and running, I'll be sure to share the site. 

Not too much else to report.  But later this week, I'll be going back for another check-up with my midwife.  We'll check for the heartbeat again and discuss nutrition and other pressing issues.


The size of our baby this week?
A lemon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment