Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Monday, September 26, 2011

17.5 weeks!

Still going strong!  

Had a heartbeat check a couple days ago, and the baby's heartbeat was 149.  At first my midwife was having a hard time finding the heartbeat, but she said the baby was probably laying with its back towards the doppler.  Phew!  

Fatigue has been slowing me down lately.. Even today, within two hours of waking up, I'm tired again!  Headaches have also been a chronic problem.  My midwife said it could still be hormonal levels, but to keep an eye on hydration.  I keep acetaminophen in my purse, because these headaches pop up randomly throughout the day.  But it's nothing I can't handle. It's all worth it, if we get a healthy baby out of it!

Lately I've been really preoccupied with wanting to feel the baby move.  They say first time moms will usually start to feel the baby's movements between 16 and 20 weeks.  I'm coming up on the 18th week this Friday!  Every so often I'll feel something out of the ordinary, I'll stop mid-track and wait for a second, and it never comes in two's.  

I can't wait to start to feeling the movements that are not easily dismissible.  C'moooooooon, baby!

Scott and I went to Charleston, SC this weekend for the first time.  We got some great "baby in belly" shots to share!  



Size of our baby at 17.5 weeks?
An onion! 
[Some of these visuals I have a heard time grasping...]

No comments:

Post a Comment