Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Monday, October 10, 2011

19 weeks!

19 weeks.. almost half-way there.

Been kind of concerned by the lack of movement this week..  But both my midwife and Scott are reminding me that it's normal not to feel regular movement until at least 20 weeks.  However, it would sure be nice to feel the baby moving.  I can't wait for the day that I'm feeling this little one jumping about.  I wouldn't have to worry that something has gone catastrophically wrong without me knowing..  

Other than that, some headaches here and there.  The fatigue is getting a little better now that I'm not working nearly as much.  I can't imagine working full-time like some women do!  Oh, and weight gain?  Ten [bloody] pounds!!  Yikes.  The good news is that it's all centralized in my tummy..  For an avid Weight Watcher, this ain't the easiest thing to embrace.  But Christine keeps reminding me that about 90% of it comes off within a week or so of birth.  Nursing gets rid of the last bit hanging around, and then exercise should get me back on track.  I wouldn't mind fighting with 5 or so pesky pounds, though..
Not if it earned me a happy, healthy baby! 

I'm chomping at the bit to find out the gender.  T-7 days until our 20-week ultrasound.  I would truly love a girl, but a boy would be great, too!  Scott's parents kindly bought us the crib and matching dresser this past weekend, and it's due to arrive in two months or so.  Next week Scott and I will be registering for our shower up in New York.  My mom's throwing me a baby shower mid-November, and inviting some friends and family.  Showers are the best!  Just got news that my best friend will be flying in from Seattle and will be in attendance.  Wonderful news!


If all goes well, my next entry will reveal the gender of our little one.  And hopefully good news about the genetics and physical growth.  


The size of our baby this week?
A mango!

Our baby weighs half a pound! 
The other 9.5....?  Water weight, blood volume, placenta.  Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment