Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Monday, October 24, 2011

21 weeks!

Two kicks this week!  

Most of this little boy's movements have been extremely muted because of the location of the placenta, but I've definitely felt two definitive kicks.  

One was late at night while Scott and I were in bed, and the other was last night during Communion!  We certainly will be having a covenant child.  Last night in church, the kick was so prominent that I almost laughed while the wine was being passed around.  I waited patiently for another, but it never came.  The kick was high up and centered: almost near my sternum... I'm guessing he got around the placenta and got one good kick through.  What an awesome feeling!  I smiled pleasantly to myself and shared it with Scott later on.

Otherwise, I've been feeling very tired lately.  Scott's working overnights these days, so I'm trying desperately to stay on a normal schedule.  I often find myself up at midnight and regretting it.  This mama-to-be needs her sleep!  Usually within an hour or two of getting up, I'm ready for a nap.  Sheesh.  

It depends upon the scale I'm using, but I'd say I've gained about 13 pounds at this point.  Not too bad, considering I eat what I want.  Or more like, whatever's NOT on my list of aversions I'll eat.  Can't say I've quite graduated into the cravings, just yet..  But some people never do.  I'd be better off!


Just felt a muted kick on my right side.  Seems to be where most of his activity takes place.  I Googled what a child born at 21 weeks looks like, and I couldn't believe it!  At this point in the pregnancy, a baby is a miniature replica of what it will be at birth.  It's incredible how God has designed things.  I'm amazed by His creation in a whole new way these days..


Me in my first maternity jeans!


The size of our baby this week?
A banana!!  Yum.
PS - Banana Runts are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment