Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Thursday, October 20, 2011

20 weeks! - IT'S A BOY!

Twenty weeks!   A big milestone for pregnancy.  

I am officially half way to a being a mother and holding my little baby.  Not only does this mark the half-way point to labor, but the risks of miscarriage have majorly depleted at this point. 
I am starting to really believe this will happen for us!

Scott and I had our 20-week ultrasound three days ago, and the doctor said HE looks great!  She even used the words "perfectly symmetrical".  At the appointment, she measured his weight at 12 ounces.  If I've gained twelve POUNDS, what's up with the other eleven?

For various reasons I was expecting a boy, and that's exactly what we got.  For a brief second, I thought I saw a girl on the screen, but this little boy wouldn't have it!  She was able to get some very thorough shots of various parts, but unfortunately could not see the face or heart as clearly as she would've liked.  He wasn't being as cooperative as possible, I guess.  As a result, the photos came out fuzzy and indistinct.  But what she did see, she was very pleased with. 
Then so are we!  

No girl for me, this time around.  For now, I'll have to put my dreams of bonnets and hair-clips and polka dots away..  The Lord knows best, and all that comes from the hand of God is good.  I'm learning to get very excited about this little boy.  He's been starting to move around a bit more, but it's still pretty nondescript.  The doctor says I've got an "anterior placenta", which just means that my placenta is in front of the baby.  The only thing about that is it makes his kicks and movements harder to feel.. but almost half the population of women have that. 
So it goes!  


A couple photos from the 20-week ultrasound.  Praise the Lord for His goodness to us!  As far as we know, we've been given a healthy baby boy to love and raise.  Scott's very excited to have a son.  We're mulling over the same two names, and will decide soon.  

God is good!



The size of our baby this week?
A cantaloupe!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for our little boy indeed!

    Come March, the number of men who think you're the most wonderful woman in the world will go from one to two!

    ReplyDelete