Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Thursday, October 6, 2011

18 weeks!

The prominent theme of this week has been: 

Was that the baby moving?!...

I can say there have been some instances in which I've felt movement, but I'm holding out for a sure thing. 

I had my monthly check-up with Christine today, and we had another strong heartbeat: 157 bpm this time!  The only thing that points to a possible girl in this pregnancy is the heartbeat.. everything else [and everyone else] is shouting boucin' baby BOY!! 
We shall see. 

Next week we have our [very exciting!] 20-week ultrasound to determine the gender of this little one.  We'll also be able to check on the physical formation of the baby, as well.  This will be a very important check-up for me, since we forewent the amniocentesis for the baby's sake, and are waiting [im]patiently to make sure our baby isn't a Trisomy.  
Lord, have mercy.


The size of our baby this week?
A sweet potato!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the ultrasound. Boy or girl, they will be loved immensely.

    ReplyDelete