Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

24 weeks!

Though every week has given us a reason to celebrate,
24 weeks is extra special:  

I've officially arrived at the "point of viability"!

This is the point in my pregnancy where our little boy would have a chance at survival outside my womb, should something go amiss.   

I had a good week this week.  Saturday was my family baby shower, and I got to celebrate with all my local friends and family.  Scott and I were given so many beautiful things for this little boy of ours!  I can't wait to be wrapping him up in blankets and duckie onesies.  I relaxed a lot at home, and got to spend some time with old friends.  I took a few walks down memory lane, and even made some new memories..  

I haven't felt nearly as tired this week, which has been really helpful.  My midwife called with the results of my bloodwork from last week, and she said my levels looked ok.  My hemoglobin had dropped from 13.5 to 12, so she said that could be the reason for having felt so tired.  If it continues to go down, I may be considered anemic..  So I'll have to keep an eye on eating iron-rich foods.  She'll check it again in a month or so, and see if supplements are necessary.  

Tomorrow I start the ride back to Charlotte.  I'm praying for alertness and restful sleep in between.  


Some great pictures from my shower:


Oh... and we've made his name official!
Have you heard it yet?..


1 comment: