Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Thursday, November 24, 2011

25 weeks!

This week I actually realized how fast the time is going.  I can't believe I'm a couple weeks away from the third trimester!  God has been so kind to us in my first pregnancy.  

It seems our little boy temporarily changed positions this week, and he seemed to drop somewhere out of sight for a day or two.  He was often sitting up on my right side, but I think he repositioned directly behind the placenta..  I couldn't feel him for almost two days!  Very unsettling when most of his movements were muted to begin with.  But yesterday he came back with a vengeance.. must've been the turkey and peppermint iced tea I made.  For the first time I was kept awake last night with his procession of gentle kicks and rollings. 
I'm hoping the time will come soon when Scott can fully share in feeling his little boy kick.  

I'm showing quite a bit these days!  I believe my total gain is somewhere around 18 pounds.  I see it in pesky places like my knees, but otherwise it's all centered! 
I'm actually pretty happy with this new pregnancy shape of mine.  

Oh, and also:  Scott and I had our first child-birthing class this past Monday.  It was us and nine other couples who are also looking to birth naturally and without medical intervention.  We learned a ton more about proper nutrition, and how protein is essential to a healthy pregnancy.  I'm keeping track of how many grams of protein I'm eating a day, since it should be upwards of 80 to 100 grams.  Sometimes it's a real feat!  She answered some basic questions and we got to know each other a little bit.  Although I'm nervous about the pain and discomfort to come, I'm actually really excited about the whole experience.  I'm praying that God will grant me a safe and successful birthing experience.  This little one is growing dearer and dearer to my heart. Yesterday I broke down in tears because of how grateful I am to God for him.

In two weeks I'll be having one of those [creepy] 3D/4D ultrasounds to make sure there's no cleft palate issues ahead.  It's such a bizarre thought that we'll be seeing our little boy's face.  I'm not entirely sure I want to look!  But I'm sure curiosity will get the best of me.  Technology has opened up the doors for some pretty amazing things..


The size of our baby this month?
An eggplant!

No comments:

Post a Comment