Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

22 weeks!

Other than horrific fatigue, this week has been pretty good!

I have my monthly appointment with my midwife tomorrow, and we're actually going to check for anemia with a blood draw; anemia runs in the family, and I've been embarrassingly tired lately.  I spent Sunday on the couch, when I much rather would've been at church with my church family.  If I weren't pregnant, I'd simply caffeinate myself from morning to night, but obviously that's not a good idea.
I'll include my blood test results in next week's post..

This little boy has been moving around a lot more this week!  I've still only had two definitive kicks, but I've been feeling a good bit of pushing and rolling about.  I'm almost desperate to start experiencing these kicks everyone's been raving about!  I'm feeling him predominately on my right side.  Oh, and sleeping has been hard, too.  Scott bought me a body pillow a couple weeks back, and I'm constantly trying to position myself correctly so I'm not flat on my back.  
My, how pregnancy changes just about everything..

Not sure of my total weight gain just yet, but I'm getting nervous!  I keep asking Scott if he sees the weight gain anywhere else than in my belly, and he confidently responds with a no.  I'm not seeing it anywhere else either, and I want it to stay that way. 
But I've got many weeks left to go..

Also, we believe we've decided on a name!  The name's on a trial run inside the home for a while, before it goes public.  Maybe I'll make the "big reveal" at my family shower on Saturday, the 12th.  
Only time will tell..


The size of our baby this week?
A papaya!
Looks like from 22 weeks on, we'll only get one fruit a month. 
So papaya it is, through the 24th week..

No comments:

Post a Comment