Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Monday, December 19, 2011

29 weeks!

Wow, we're really getting there. 
March no longer seems a million miles away!  

But I'm thankful for the time remaining before Bennett's due.  Scott and I still have a lot to learn about preparing for and coping through a natural birth.  We still have to move to our new house, and a nursery needs to be set up!  Even though sometimes I wish I could fast-forward through this pregnancy, I'm grateful for the now. 

I had my 29th week appointment with our midwife today.  She took a fasting blood test to check my glucose levels, as well as rechecking my hemoglobin.  I suspect the numbers will come back just fine, as I haven't had any other issues.  Christine doesn't believe in that awful "chug a bottle of sugar water" test to check for gestational diabetes; she says it's a ridiculous thing to put a pregnant woman and her baby through. 
So for that, I'm glad. 

Currently Bennett is sitting breech and posterior.  We're not concerned at this point though, since we've still got a couple months.  But if at some point he remains breech, she'll try moving his position.  I heard it can be pretty uncomfortable, but totally worth it!  By state law, a licensed midwife cannot perform a breech birth...
But we won't put the cart before the horse. 

Total weight gain?  28 pounds!  Ugh.  I only have the slightest swelling in my ankles, but nothing to worry about.  She said I should expect to gain another 10 pounds or so by birth.  Ten more pounds! 
Heaven help me. 
But so far I still think I'm carrying pretty well. 

His heartbeat check was great: 150 beats per minute!  So far nothing else to report on Bennett.  But I'm sleeping a little better since starting with the chiropractor.  It'll be curious to see what else comes with a growing baby boy. 


This week Scott and I gifted ourselves [& Bennett] with a beautiful children's CD called "Guess How Much I Love You".  I first heard it when babysitting for a family up in Vermont a few years back.  I promised myself I'd buy it and have it playing in the nursery when we had our first child.  It arrived yesterday, a three-volume CD.  I really don't like the first CD, but #2 and #3 are incredible. 


1 comment:

  1. Bennett will most likely do a few flips before settling into the right position. He's still got a good bit of time.

    To all: the CD set is a very good one (aside from disc 1). A nice relaxing set for Mommy and baby.

    ReplyDelete