Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Thursday, December 29, 2011

30 weeks!

Wow!  30 weeks. 
This has been one of the milestones I've been waiting for.

Scott and I had a very busy week.  We flew up to New York for Christmas, and had a great time with family and friends.  It's nice when people encourage you by saying how great you look.  At this point in the pregnancy, it can be tough to be confident with ones weight gain and changing shape.  Although I'm glad we didn't drive, flying wasn't the easiest either.  I painfully realized how small the planes have gotten these days.. especially when the bathroom door contended for space with my burgeoning belly.  Bennett's been doing a number on my diaphragm space these days, so breathing well took a conscious effort.  The car ride from LGA airport to my parents' house [and back] wasn't easy, either.  Needless to say, I'm glad to be home and done with any foreseeable traveling until the birth.

My appetite has started to pick up in an obvious way.  Throughout this entire pregnancy, I've avoided cravings and the compulsion to eat.. until now.  It seems like every two hours I'm ready to eat another meal!  I'll need to keep an eye on the weight gain, though. 
"A moment on the lips is forever on the hips."

Otherwise, Christine called with my blood test results.  My hemoglobin's 11.9, and my glucose is 85.  Everything looks good! 


Cute picture below from our last night in NY with friends.
I look crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment