Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Friday, August 26, 2011

13 weeks today!

I can't believe I've arrived at the 13th week!  The Lord has been so merciful to the three of us.

There seems to be conflicting points of view as to when the second trimester officially begins, but I'm going by my lovely midwife's wisdom: Today I've arrived at the wonderful and beautiful second trimester of pregnancy! 
Praise God.

Most marked difference?  Well, the nausea went from bad, to worse, to... where is it?  Yesterday and today I woke up without that horrible nauseated feeling.  I braced myself and waited for it to come, but it never did.  Of course it's nice to say [a temporary?] goodbye my old friend "nausea", but it's a little nerve-racking to lose symptoms.. They say losing symptoms is the first sign of miscarriage.  But I need to rest in the fact that I'm far enough along to where symptoms often fade.  I also had my familiar pregnancy headache last night that wouldn't go away without a long night's sleep. 

I'm nervous that I've been having a little too much caffeine lately though, but I think it's ok..  I've been incorporating a little more meat and veggies into my diet as well.  Hallelujah.  There's nothing worse than eating poorly and feeling down-right guilty the entire time. 
Pregnancy is NOT easy! 

I showed the ultrasound pictures to some friends and family and they all enjoyed a sneak-peak.  At this stage in the game, babies are kinda funny-looking on screen:  A friend of mine swears I'm giving birth to Spider Man.  I guess that's not the worst that can happen..


The size of our beautiful baby at 13 weeks?

A peach!! 

 I'm thrilled because peaches have been a staple of my diet for at least 3 weeks now. 
How fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment