Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Friday, August 19, 2011

12 weeks!

So today we're celebrating 12 weeks of pregnancy.  Wow.

And yesterday I got my first ultrasound done!  A friend of mine from our church works at a pregnancy center and she invited me in for an ultrasound.  I had no idea they could do abdominal ultrasounds this early in the game.. but what do I know?  All I know was the experience was grand, and I got to SEE our little baby in my stomach!  Scott couldn't make it because he's in the police academy until October, but Sarah and Tabitha were good company.  Tabitha was the nurse who did my ultrasound and she told me to come back "whenever I wanted" to get another one done.  I sure will!

They sent me home with a bunch of pictures and a 25-minute DVD of our baby.  For the most part, our baby was pretty still, but he/she moved around a good bit and we got some great shots.  The heartbeat is still strong at 160-something BPM and we could see two hands, two legs, two arms.. etc.  I couldn't believe it!  It was a great boost of confidence before I head up to New York for a week to spend time with my parents.  Along with me will be coming the DVD and still shots!

I am praising God that we're still pregnant and the baby is fully functioning inside my belly, even as I write.  We're so blessed to be anticipating a little one, and are getting more excited with each week.  We pray for a healthy baby who'll meet this world and love the Lord.


Our little one laying on its side.  


1 comment:

  1. That was one of the best videos I've ever seen. Praise the Lord for more encouragement for a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete