Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 8

We're getting there.. 

But it's been weeks since I've eaten right.  I lived off of gluten-free cereal for weeks.  I tried so hard to have an appetite, but the nausea was overwhelming.  Luckily, I had only puked one day in eight weeks.  I was brushing my teeth and the gag reflex sent me reeling.  Ugh. 

I had also visited the natural birthing center down in Fort Mill, SC to check it all out.  My doula friend is a total advocate of the place, and some acquaintances from church absolutely swear by the place.  I went alone because Scott was at work.  The place was awesome!  Two birthing rooms which were set up like hotel rooms.  Each room has a birthing tub and a large shower.  The rooms are meant to give the feeling of home, and nothing reminiscent of a hospital.  

A midwife tried to listen for a heartbeat, but it was too early.  She used a doppler machine, since we're avoiding anything internal at his point.. but no luck.  She drew some more blood and the results came back great.  That was good. 

More nausea, more prayers, and more concern.  Oh, and more waiting.  

But pictures of the birthing center!



No comments:

Post a Comment