Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 11

One week away from the second trimester mark.  Woah. 
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Today was an exceptionally good day.  Scott had the day off from the police academy, so he was able to come with me to my second appointment with Christine, my midwife.  We had been praying to hear a heartbeat together, and it happened!  We were so thrilled, I cried instantly.  She said the heartbeat was strong and fast.. about 173 beats.  Great sign at 11 weeks.  What a great day!

The nausea has picked up with a vengeance last night and today.. but I didn't mind.  I was so elated to have an empirical sign that things are still going well.  Today was the first time that I could actually feel pregnant.  I can't believe I have a little human inside of me with its own heartbeat.  Unreal.  

I'm not showing yet, but I hope to soon.  I'm nervous that I'll just look unfit and undo all my hard work.  I haven't been to Zumba in 7 weeks, and I'm not so happy about it.  As soon as my energy picks up and the nausea subsides, I'm back in action.  Before pregnancy, I was down 47 pounds from college graduation.  I have no intentions of gaining unnecessary weight!  

Pictures from a great day at the birthing center:


Size of our baby at 11 weeks?
A lime! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment