Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. - Psalm 127:4-5

Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 10

 Am I really still pregnant?  

Wow, for a first pregnancy with a Robertsonian Translocation, I was shocked.  Am I really this blessed?  Still too early for me to have confidence, but those around me that knew really encouraged me to be positive.  Scott's been positive from the beginning, and both sets of our parents are assuming it will go well.  We still didn't want to make it public until I was through with the first trimester..
but we were slowly telling people that were close to us.  

This week I visited the birthing center again and got set up with a midwife.  Her name is Christine, and she's been a midwife for a couple of years.  She has a nursing degree, and actually spent 10 years working in labor and delivery.. but she decided to part ways with the clinical side of labor and go natural.  Now that's an awesome testimony!  She tried again for a heartbeat, but nothing.  This time my doula friend accompanied me since Scott had to work.  She bought me my first maternity shirt.  Totally cute!  But I feel like I'm forever away from needing it.. if I'm lucky enough to get that far. 
[Yes, I still think that way]

Still more nausea, but my appetite was picking up.  I started having more regular foods like cheese and some meats.. vegetables no longer made me run screaming.  I wasn't nearly as exhausted as I had been for the first couple of weeks.  Scott and I moved into a new apartment though, and that made things a little tricky for sleeping.  Decided not to get blood-work drawn this week, and wait until the following to hear for a heartbeat..
It was a long wait.


Totally adorable internet photo that got me through a long week:




No comments:

Post a Comment